Introducing Otter's FREE Reports Dashboard Solution
September 29, 2021
You work in a restaurant, not a data center.
A fast-paced environment filled with good food, good people, and… tons of spreadsheets?
As a restaurateur, you know that analyzing your performance data is a key factor in optimizing your business to increase sales and decrease mistakes, but it shouldn’t feel like a full time job. We’re here to help with that. This week, we’re launching our new Reports dashboard that will automatically available to every Otter customer – at no extra cost. This tool connects to all of your delivery apps to let you see a single, clear, actionable performance report. With our new Reports tool, you can see sales by the hour, check lost revenue from missed orders & order errors, and export all your performance data into a single spreadsheet.
Before we jump into how the tool works, let’s start with why it’s important.
Otter partner, Hooters of America, noticed that they were missing out on $1m of delivery revenue due to missed orders and order errors. Marc Butler, the SVP Strategic Planning & Off Premise at Hooters, knew he needed a solution, but he wasn’t sure where to look. Otter approached Marc, and the franchise began using our Reports tool. Since using this dashboard, Order issues decreased by 16.3%, the cost of order issues decreased by 28.1%, canceled and missed orders decreased by 12.4%, and the cost of canceled and missed orders decreased by 22% – resulting in an impressive $17k cost savings per month. If your restaurant could be making thousands more a month at no additional cost to you, wouldn’t you want to do so? We know you would – let’s jump into how you can utilize our new Reports tool to increase sales today.
Welcome to Otter’s revamped Reports solution
Our new, revamped Reports solution will include more in-depth filtering, dynamic graphs, and a robust insights section that is compatible with all web and mobile browsers. Here is what you should expect from the update and how you can benefit from our new Reports features.
The same reports you know and love plus a new lost sales report
The same reports you know & love along with a new lost sales report will live under the new “Reporting” section in Business Manager. This section includes store performance, orders reporting, menu items reporting, lost sales analysis, and availability reports.
Continue reading to find out how these new features will help you increase orders and optimize sales:
Our new Reports tool features insights that will help you understand how your delivery business is performing from both an overarching and in detail perspective.
- Store performance
- Gain insight into your restaurant’s performance with our new “Gross sales” graph feature. Learn what your total sales would be without deductions such as commision, adjustments, or other fees. This feature enables you to analyze orders by sales, order volume and average order value.
- The “Order volume” graph helps you track the total number of completed orders over any given period of time. With this feature you will be able to analyze order details by brand, location and channel. Seeing your sales by the hour will help you identify your peak time in order to allocate your staff and resources to meet the demand.
- Menu Items
- Find out what your customers love by knowing your “Top items by unit sold” in the donut charts. This feature will help you adapt your menu to your customers needs and edit your items according to their availability to optimize your menu and decrease cancelled orders.
- Lost Sales
- Know what went wrong by receiving insights on orders issues and cancellations. Find the “Lost sales” graph showing sales lost due to operational issues like cancelled, missed, or negatively adjusted orders. Keep in mind that recent lost sales reporting takes 3 days to calculate.
- Analyze the percentage of time storefronts were online during normal menu hours in the “Uptime” graph to track the management of your restaurants and avoid any downtime to increase sales.
Our new Reports tool includes various filters that allow you to look at exactly what you’re looking for, and nothing that you’re not.
Every restaurant is different, which is why our reports will customize how your business sees fit. With the new universal data and graph filters, you will be able to quickly identify what you need.
- Understand what areas of your business need your attention with our universal data filters
- The new robust universal filters empowers restaurants to manage their data by time period, brands and stores, and channels.
- Gain insight into where you’re performing best with our new graph Filters
- Each graph within the new Reports dashboard adapts based on two factors: linear vs cumulative and day vs hour. The filters are accessible on the top-right of each graphs when you open the report.
Exporting your performance data has never been easier than with Otter’s new Reports feature.
All the data will now be available for download via the export function that supports CSV and XLSX formats. You can export data in the table by clicking “Export” from the graph view or the blue download arrow from the table view.
The new Reports tool is free – what are you waiting for?
The great news is your restaurant already has access to Otter’s new Reports feature—you can find in the “Reporting” tab within your Business Manager. The team at Otter is constantly building innovative tools to help you stay ahead of your competitors, and we’re thrilled to be able to offer it for free. Stop missing out on money through missed orders, today.
Our FREE Reports solution lets you:
- Track orders by the hour
- Check lost revenue from missed orders
- Export Data
“The beauty of this software service model is you get this great tool that you didn’t pay to develop from scratch at a low cost. With our monthly revenue from refunds it nets out to be very cost effective for us and we’re seeing a great ROI.” -Marc Butler, SVP, Strategic Planning & Off Premise, Hooters
Current customers: Dive into your reports by clicking here today! https://manager.tryotter.com/login
Future Customers: If you haven’t signed up for Otter yet, you can get started with our free Reports tool in just a few seconds! Start increasing sales by clicking this link and providing us with some information about you and your restaurant: https://www.tryotter.ca/checkout/start?utm_source=blog&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=new_reports