The top 3 ways to increase your restaurant's ranking on delivery platforms like Uber Eats and Skip the Dishes
June 10, 2021
Looking for ways to increase your ranking on delivery platforms? Download our free guide today to learn three steps towards boosting your restaurant's position on Uber Eats, Doordash, Skip the Dishes and more!
Convenience culture’s impact on the restaurant industry in 2021 & beyond
It’s not news that convenience influences purchase decisions in a big way. In 2021, convenience is so critical that 97% of consumers have abandoned a purchase because the service wasn’t convenient enough. Today, 83% of customers report that convenience is more important now than it was five years ago, and there are no signs of this shift slowing down. As convenience has become a major factor within a customer’s decision journey, the demand for food delivery has skyrocketed. And restaurants like yours have evolved accordingly.
The evolution of convenience from a nice to have to a need to have
When the pandemic hit, the demand for convenience became more than a priority but a necessity for customers, resulting in the restaurant industry’s rapid evolution towards delivery. And while the rapid evolution towards majority delivery in the midst of the pandemic was unexpected and oftentimes difficult to navigate, it paid off with 65% of restaurants reporting that they were able to increase profits during COVID-19 by offering delivery via DoorDash.
Delivery delivers on your restaurant’s bottom line and your customers' need for convenience, but how can you make delivery as convenient for your restaurant as it is for your customers?
As the demand for convenient, online ordering solutions continues to grow, restaurants lacking a streamlined delivery approach are at risk of falling behind competitors. To maintain a steady stream of revenue and stay ahead in the industry, restaurants must adapt to the changing habits of their customers. According to the latest food delivery data & trends
- 60% of people order delivery or takeout at least once a week.
- 60% of Millennials want restaurants to utilize technology to make ordering takeout and delivery more convenient
- 40% of customers report their usage of delivery services has increased as a result of the pandemic, as people rushed to help their favorite neighborhood spots.
- There are more choices than there are customers with restaurants growing at 2x the rate of the population.
Let’s look at how customer behavior is shifting in the online food delivery space.
Now that we’re familiar with how the restaurant industry is evolving in the face of the shift towards convenience, let’s look at how your restaurant can succeed based on evolving consumer trends in the restaurant space.
- The primary food delivery customers skew younger and go up to 35 years old—a millennial demographic that could include students, young families, full-time employees, or work-at-home professionals. Knowing this information allows you to focus the majority of your time and effort on marketing to your biggest audience.
- 90% of customers conduct online research before choosing a restaurant.
- Consumers order delivery 5.5 times per month
- According to Uber, the highest demand for food delivery occurs around lunch (11 a.m- 2 p.m) and dinner (generally 5 p.m. - 9: 30 p.m.)
- 33% of customers say they would be willing to pay a higher fee for faster delivery service.
- Customers who place an online order with a restaurant will visit that restaurant 67% more frequently than those who don’t.
- There’s a higher demand to order-in when it’s raining outside.
- While DoorDash dominates the North American market, Uber Eats is the most successful global home food delivery service.
- 80% of customers place a delivery order from a platform’s homepage
80% of customers place a delivery order from a platform’s homepage. That means that if your restaurant isn’t listed on the homepage, you’re missing out on sales. In this guide, we’ll provide you with 3 simple steps to increase your ranking on delivery platforms.
Download our free guide to learn how you can boost your position on food delivery platforms!