Personal Data We Collect
Use of Personal Data
Sharing of Personal Data
Data Protection Rights
International Data Transfers
- PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT. “Personal data” is defined as any information that can identify, relate to, describe, be associated with, or be reasonably capable of being associated with a particular individual. Personal data does not include anonymous, de-identified, or non-personal data. We collect the following types of personal data:
- Personal Data You Provide to Us. We collect personal data that you provide directly, such as when you access our website, enter into a contract, establish a user account with us, register for an event or our services, through social media outlets, in connection with a potential business relationship with us, or by giving us your contact information at various events or online. This personal data may include your name, business name, email and physical address, telephone number, profile, activity and performance information, payment information, and when necessary, government ID or other tax related information.
- What We Get From Other Third Parties, Affiliates, and Subsidiaries. In certain circumstances, we collect personal data about you from certain third party partners, affiliates, and subsidiaries. We may combine this information with personal data provided by you. This helps us update, expand, and analyze our records, identify new customers, and create more tailored advertising to provide services that may be of interest to you. This personal data may include your contact information, professional or social media information, commercial information, and inferences and preferences related to your behavior.
- What We Automatically Collect from You. We collect the following information from you when you use the services:
- General System Information. Through your use of the services, we collect certain hardware and software information from you and your device such as your device id, device type, network information, time zone, operating system version, order printing information, device id location, IP address, and other general system information.
- To Provide Your Requested Services. Our primary purpose in collecting personal data is to facilitate and provide the services or information that you have selected to receive. For example, if you provide personal data to us through our website, we will use your data to respond to the request. We also use it to send administrative information, such as notices related to products and services, or to policy changes.
- To Manage User Registrations. If you have registered for an account with us, we process your personal data by managing your user account for the purpose of performing our contract with you according to applicable terms of service.
- To Contact You. With your consent we use your personal data to contact you for marketing purposes, including telemarketing calls, and to send marketing emails that we believe may be of interest to you, such as product announcements, newsletters, informational materials, and details on upcoming events.
- To Manage Payments. If you have provided financial information to us, we process your personal data to verify that information and to collect payments to the extent that doing so is necessary to complete a transaction and perform our contract with you.
- To Plan, Manage, and Facilitate Events. With your consent, we use your personal data for our business and commercial purpose in event planning and management, including registration, billing, and connecting with other event attendees, or to contact you further about relevant products and services.
- For Security, Legal Obligations, and Investigations. We use your personal data to prevent, detect, mitigate, and investigate potential security issues, as well as fraudulent or illegal activity. We may also use your personal data to comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements or to protect our interests or the interests of other third parties.
- For Improvements to Our Services and Products. We use your personal data in connection with our products and services to diagnose technical problems, track and analyze usage, and make updates or improvements. For example, we may use your comments to improve or help guide future enhancements to our products and services.
- To Personalize Your Experience. We may also use your personal data for our business and commercial purpose and our legitimate interest to personalize your experience on our websites. We and/or our services providers use website tracking technologies to display products or features that are tailored to your interests and to present advertising on other sites. For more information on these technologies, including how to opt-out of some of them, see our Cookies Policy.
- We may process your personal data to create aggregated anonymized data that does not identify you. We reserve the right to use such anonymized data for analytical purposes or any other purpose permitted by applicable law.
- SHARING OF PERSONAL DATA.
We may share the personal data we collect as follows:
- Affiliates and Service Providers. We share personal data with our affiliates and like most businesses, we also share personal data with third-party service providers or vendors contracted to provide services on our behalf. Our service providers assist us by handling tasks such as IT services, data management, email distribution, or information analytics.
- Advertisers. We may share personal data with our advertisers. Our advertisers may use your information to display advertisements to you through the services and advertisements for us on third party websites. For more information on these technologies, including how to opt-out of some of them, see our Cookies Policy.
- Law Enforcement. We may share personal data with law enforcement agencies if we reasonably believe unlawful activities have occurred or the personal data may aid in an investigation. We may also share personal data with law enforcement agencies if we determine, in our sole judgment, that you have violated our agreements or policies or that the release of your personal data may protect the rights, property, interests, or safety of us, our affiliates or any other third party.
- Legal Processes. We may share personal data as required by, or permitted by, law, whether in response to subpoenas, court orders, other legal processes, or as we believe is necessary to exercise our legal rights, including defending against legal claims that have been or might be brought against us.
- Business Transfers. Your personal data may be transferred to a third party as a part of a potential sale, merger, reorganization or other similar transaction. In accordance with applicable laws, we will use reasonable efforts to notify you of any transfer of personal data to an unaffiliated third party following such a transaction.
- DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS.
- Individual Rights. Subject to applicable privacy laws, you may have certain legal rights over the personal data we hold about you. These rights may include the right to access and to obtain a copy of your personal data processed by us, the right to restrict (including any withdrawal or objection rights) the processing of your personal data, or the right to access, correct, delete your personal data. However, please note that such rights are not absolute. They do not always apply and exemptions may be applicable. In response to any such request, you may be asked to verify your identity and/or provide information that helps us to better understand your request. We will use reasonable efforts to comply with your access or correction request; however, in some cases we may not be able to allow you to access certain personal information in certain circumstances, for example if it contains personal information of other persons, or for legal reasons. In such cases, we will provide you with a reasonable explanation of why it is not possible to grant access to your personal information. If we are unable to comply with your request, we will explain why.
- Exercise of Such Rights. To exercise your individual rights, you may contact us using the contact information provided in section 9 below . If you are not satisfied with how we process your personal data, please let us know and we will take reasonable steps to investigate your concern. If you are not satisfied with our response, you have the right to make a complaint to the data protection authority in the jurisdiction where you live or work, or in the place where you think an issue in relation to your data has arisen.
- INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS. By using our services and providing us with data, you acknowledge and agree that your personal data may be stored and processed in the United States and in any other country where we or our affiliates, subsidiaries, or third-party service providers maintain facilities or personnel. When you provide personal data to us, we may process and transfer your data within the United States and around the world. The privacy protections and legal requirements, including the rights of authorities to access your personal information, in some of these countries may not be equivalent to those in your country. As a result, this information may be subject to access requests from governments, courts, law enforcement or national security authorities in those jurisdictions according to laws in those jurisdictions. If you do not agree to the transfer of your personal data outside of your jurisdiction of residence, please do not provide us with personal data. Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions.
However, no method of storage or transmission is 100% secure, and is subject to possible loss, interception or alteration while in transit. Otter does not assume any liability for any damage you may experience or costs you may incur as a result of any electronic transmissions over the internet or other networks. Subject to applicable law, in no event will the information you provide create any fiduciary obligations to you on our part, or result in any liability to you on our part in the event that such information is inadvertently released by us or accessed by third parties without your consent. We therefore urge you to exercise caution when conveying any personal data over the Internet. We cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you provide to us.
As such, when disclosing any information on the Internet, you should remain mindful that such information might be accessible by the public and, consequently, may be collected and used by others without your consent. You should also recognize that your use of the Internet and any other means of communication with us is solely at your own risk.
- ADDITIONAL TERMS.
Attn: Legal & Compliance - Privacy Officer
777 S Figueroa St, Ste 4100
Los Angeles, CA 90017
If we need, or are required, to contact you concerning any event that involves information about you, we may do so by email, telephone, mail, or as otherwise required by law.
Effective as of February 8, 2021
Last Revised February 8, 2021